How to dump your big bank for a credit union
This step-by-step guide “Easily put your money to work for a better planet” shows you how to move your money to a responsible financial organization.
Sample letters to Banks
Get your point across about Climate Change and Divestment. Save time by starting with these sample letters to banks, friends, and family.
- Bank breakup sample letter
- Email sample for inviting friends and family into the cause
- 401K inquiry letter — find out what your retirement fund invests in, and express your concerns about climate change and how your money might affect it.
More about fossil fuel investors and banks:
We’re asking you to move money out of the mega banks. “But why?” These clear, fact-based articles explain the power and importance of controlling how banks use your money.
- The “Banking on Climate Change” report by Rainforest Action Network and partners
- New Yorker article: “Money is the Oxygen on which the Fire of Global Warming Burns,” by Bill McKibben
- Rainforest Action Network article: “The 32 Men Funding Climate Chaos“
More about how to divest:
Information about choosing alternatives:
- Alternatives to irresponsible mega banks
- Is your bank a socially responsible superhero?
- Where should I put my money?